November 20, 2012

AMAZIN'


It's a shame baseball isn't this exciting. It used to be for me when I was a kid. Well... maybe not THIS exciting!

Most summers of my childhood were spent down at the ball field. I wasn't really that great, but I have fond memories of being with my friends, collecting baseball cards, watching and going to the games, and rooting for Darryl Strawberry and the New York Mets. For that reason alone, there is a certain nostalgia motivating me to post these clips. That 7 year old kid inside me is jumping up and down imagining what the future of baseball might be like rooting for the Amazin' Mets combined with my love for animation. This succeeds in getting me excited for the Mets and the MLB in general... which hasn't happened for a very, very long time.

'Directed by Marc Dominic Rienzo, he and his team at the recently closed Digital Domain Media Group, first crafted the original film “Amazin’.” The Mets loved it so much, they asked Marc and the team to make two more vfx-induced shorts targeting a younger audience, hence the birth of "The Ball Unleashed" and “Heads Up Display.”'

No comments: