September 10, 2012

'BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES' PREMIERED 20 YEARS AGO

It's hard to believe, but Batman: The Animated Series premiered 20 years ago this month. I can vividly remember racing home off the school bus as a 13 year old kid to watch it before I did my homework. I also remember fiddling with the VCR to find a blank VHS tape so I could record every episode; "What is this? My sisters' Dance Recital? No one wants to watch that. RECORD!" There had never been anything like it before. It wasn't Super Friends. It wasn't a guest appearance on Scooby-Doo. It was the freakin' Batman!

I remember immediately falling in love with Bruce Timm's character designs and it wasn't long before all of my book covers and notes for school were covered with my feeble attempts to draw these characters. I loved this show as a kid! One of the best things about that first season was everyday a new episode premiered. I forget how the story goes, but I think Warner Bros. had like 80-some episodes completed before the first one ever aired on FOX. To this day Kevin Conroy IS still the voice of Batman (sorry Christian Bale). I will never forget the day I found out Luke Skywalker was the voice of the Joker. Heath Ledger gave an amazing performance as the Joker, but for me no one will ever be able to outdo Mark Hamill.

Simply put, the show was awesome, and more than anything, it gave me one more reason to want to be an animator.

Check out the first 2 episodes:

"The Cat and the Claw, Part I"


"On Leather Wings."

1 comment:

Village Talkies said...

This post is really amazing
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.