May 31, 2009

ICE AGE 3 - BEHIND THE SCENES


It's hard to believe there is only a month until Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs hits theaters. I've been seeing posters and cardboard stands and banners at the theaters and I can't lie; it's a pretty amazing feeling to see that stuff and know that you had a part in it. Today I saw this video and to my amazement it features two of my shots from the film! Right around the 2:50 mark, Layout Director (and really funny guy) Rob Cardone walks through the process of how an animated film comes together; from storyboard- to layout- to animation! These were my only Scrat and Scratte shots, but man was I happy to get them! I animated the shots at the 3:40 mark where Scratte grabs Scrat's hand and then the very next shot where she pulls him and jumps off the rock and Scrat screams when he realizes what she just did. They go by really fast, but I'm so excited to finally see them lit and rendered. Anyway, I thought I would share. One month to go!!!

4 comments:

Manny Gonzales said...

awesomeness! Cant wait to see it!

Arnaud de Vallois said...

Positively badass!

chéBEBE said...

Ugh.. seems so out of reach..

Independence Solar Panels said...

Appreciate tthis blog post