November 13, 2007

I'M BACK!

*UPDATE* I've recently had a few students ask if they could see some of my previous animations from when I worked at IGT. So in an effort to meet the demands of the people I chose to post them here... right at the time when I left IGT to teach at the Art Institute of California- San Diego.

Video thumbnail. Click to play
This is an animation from Top Secret Spins. The freakin' awesome character designs and models were created by Marc Mierau. He's the coolest! Lots of laughs shared coming up with these gags.

Video thumbnail. Click to play
This here is another animation from Top Secret Spins. There were so many complications with like the rig, and of course, some plug-in for Lightwave. Duhhh, NewTek! Anyway, I liked the way it turned out.

Video thumbnail. Click to play
About a year earlier I worked on this game called Jackpot Hunter. Apparently the idea is: A bunch of lil' Aussie animals have stolen and hidden the jackpot and it's your job to hunt these endangered little critters down and reclaim what's rightfully yours! (End annoying obnoxious Australian accent here). I animated all the characters for this game. There was this platypus, a crocodile, a koala, a kangaroo, and a shark. Crikey!!! Anyway, this is an Intro for one of the bonuses.

Video thumbnail. Click to play
And this is the Outro. Way to go mate! You really got'em that time!!!

Video thumbnail. Click to play
There are plenty more, but this is the last one I decided to post. This was one of the very first animations I did at IGT, all the way back in November 2004, and I was fortunate enough to work with Megan Schlegel. She was so much fun to work with and boy did she love to run for fun! One of the best of the best. This was an intro to the Sixth Bonus Level on the Mystery Progressive Party Time.

It's been a while. I recently moved from Reno, NV to San Diego, CA to take a Full Time position as a Character Animation Instructor at the Art Institute of California- San Diego. It's been a crazy summer and it's hard for me to believe it's almost Thanksgiving already.
Anyway, I'm back with a new look, and an renewed excitement for character animation. Hopefully I will be posting more and more.

No comments: